Friday, April 15, 2016

More Progress

I'm almost done with the 1st three buildings for the residential part of the camp: two barracks and the small barber's shack...all I have left to install are the chimney flues for the stoves. I think these first three turned out very well, and I'm working on a small saloon while I wait for the rest of the barracks to arrive.

1st Three Buildings
Close-up of the Barber/Dentist

This outhouse looks occupied...


I've done 5 total latrines so far, and I have a double-wide in progress that will go with the small camp saloon (also in progress). The exterior walls for the saloon...a TCL Large Store that I've re-purposed...were all warped to varying degrees, so I wet them thoroughly and have been drying them all day under weight. Despite this little quality issue, I still love the TCL buildings as this part of their range is exacly the "no-frills" look I envisioned.

After I mount the flues, I'll post pics of the completed buildings. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment