Thursday, May 5, 2016

Wing Lee Laundry

My next project is the Wing Lee laundry, and I've decided that not only will this involve a little modification in addition to customization, but it will also serve as the start of a new "Chinese Section" that I can easily transport to Harmony. I'm going to add a room addition to one of the TCL kits, as well as model a back yard area. The entire piece will be 6" x 12" and will be designed to work with a larger section (12" x" 18") that will have all of the Chinese buildings mounted to it. And yes, I will be including Mr. Wu's pigs!!!!!!

I think I've made it clear that I really like the TCL building kits from Knuckleduster Miniatures, and they will again be serving as the basis for the Wing Lee laundry as well as most of the "Chinese Section" buildings. This time around, however, I will be modifying many of the buildings more extensively (at least one of the buildings in the "Chinese Section" will be two-story) so the laundry is going to be my test run.

My first mod for the laundry was cutting a door in the solid back wall of the kit. A room extension (washing and hot water heating) will be butting up against this wall. The back yard will also be fenced in and include clotheslines with laundry on them and maybe a small garden for the owners.

Former exterior wall with new door detail.

Interior view with all internal framing installed.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment